Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bathroom Cabinets DIY... $20.00

How many of you have these same cabinets....??? Well I was ready for something different!

I went to Home Depot, and picked out a pretty antique cream color that I thought would look good.
I used the same technique as I did on my last two projects. The DIY Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

If you missed that post you can find it here ---> "Let's Paint"

The cost for my DIY Bathroom Cabinets.... $20.00!!!!
Paint... 2 small sample jars... $6.00
Drawer Handles... $8.00 (4 for $1.99)


So here are my bathroom cabinets before....


 The great thing about the DIY Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is that you use less paint and there's no need to sand!


Let's get to work! I put down some plastic wrap so I wouldn't get any paint on my new floors. I also used painter's tape to tape off the tile on the counter. There was no need for me to take off the doors or anything since I was totally fine leaving the inside the wood color.




Done..... and I LOVE the color! I also distressed it a little with a sanding block. 




It took a while for me to find just the right handles I had in mind. But after 2 months I found them at Hobby Lobby. %50 off so they were only $1.99 each! Score! And they are Beautiful!!!



So here is my NEW Guest Bathroom! I love it!

BEFORE...



AFTER...


My Next project will be to repaint my Master Bathroom Cabinets in black!

2 comments:

  1. Revamping bathroom cabinets with only $20? That is a genius idea! It always feels good to give your home a facelift at a reasonable value. And the end-result is absolutely amazing! The distressed white look of the cabinets gives the bathroom a vintage feel. And the handles give it a totally classic look.[Darryl Margulies]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darryl- Yes it does! Thank you for the comment and compliments! This was a great transformation and you can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete