Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Little Weekend Craft Project

If you scroll down to the previous post you will see where I got my inspiration! However, I didn't want to go out and buy anything new so I just used what I had and of course made it a little different. But I like how it turned out and it was quick and easy!

So here is my completed piece! I had a piece of wood that I had already painted white (mine is about 8X10). I wanted to make it versatile- one side with a little chalkboard and then the other with the "out of treats". That way I could just flip it over.




So first.... I painted the back side a lime green. Simple enough. Then I totally cheated.... Once it was dried I used a permanent marker and wrote out my saying and added the little spiders. Looks great huh?!

 Then on the other side it was already white, so again I used my permanent marker and added my wording. Then painted the sides yellow, probably would have used orange if I had it but didn't. But I like the yellow. Then with the back side of my paint foam brush I dipped the end in the yellow paint and added little yellow polka dots. Then for the middle I made some "Chalkboard paint" and painted it across. Here's a link how to make "Chalkboard Paint" click HERE. Or you can always buy the spray bottle or do without.

Just like the last post (where I got this idea from) you just add an eye hook and ribbon and you are done! 



So again just use what you have. Make it simple and easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment