Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mesh Wreaths

Mesh Wreaths are everywhere! I attempted my first mesh wreath and I must say... not as difficult as it looks!

Materials Needed:
-Decor Mesh (NOTE...I originally only bought one roll of mesh as you can see in the picture below and ended up needing to go buy another thing of mesh and used 1/2 of the second roll to make mine fuller) 2 Rolls. Usually retails for $9.99 so use a coupon or visit Hobby Lobby this week. %50 off right now.
-Wire Wreath frame (This one was $1.99 at Beverly's Crafts on F Street)
-Pipe Cleaners (I used one to help hold in the beginning and then I used another at the end. I made a loop on the back to hang)
That's it...

Let's Get Started:


  1. To get started...I cut long sections of the mesh to make it a little easier for weaving in and out. 

  2. To secure my mesh when I started I used a pipe cleaner to hold. (You can see in the picture below) 
  3. After that, it pretty much is all about weaving...in and out and making loops along the way.
  4. There is not a right or wrong way. You will get the hang of it once you get started. But basically you are just making big loops. Twisting and weaving around the entire front of the wreath. 


  5. When you are happy with the fullness and evenness on both sides you are done!


I chose to make a generic wreath that I could add decor to with the holidays but of course you create ones for all sorts of holidays and occasions, like the ones below. 






No comments:

Post a Comment