Friday, September 28, 2012

Soup on Sundays

I'm hoping my new plan to make Soup on Sundays will convince the weather to start cooling down!

I'm going to plan for Sunday's to be a Soup night at the Bradshaw Home. So that way I can have some yummy leftover soup for the week for lunches for me.

So if you want to join me I will try and do my best (fingers crossed) to post the recipe on Fridays so you can make sure you have the ingredients to make on Sunday.

So Goal #1: Post Recipe on Fridays for my friends (that's YOU)

Goal #2: Not only is it going to be a soup recipe but I'm hoping for Crockpot Soup recipes. 
That way before church I can throw it in the crockpot, forget about it and enjoy it come dinner time!

Do you have a favorite Soup Crockpot recipe you would like to share? 
If so please email me at:
Dancinginthekitchen.Lynn@gmail.com


So 1st up.... I'm going to try
Slow Cooker Ham & White Beans Soup
I found this over at "Plain Chicken"

It caught my eye for the following reasons:
  1. Looks yummy!
  2. Only a few ingredients!
  3. You even use dried beans!


Let's give it a try!

Here is her Recipe:

Slow Cooker Ham & White Beans

1 lb package dried northern beans
ham bone, hocks, shanks or diced ham (about 1 pound)
2 tsp onion powder
6 cups water
salt & pepper to taste


Rinse and sort the beans for any pebbles. Add the the rinsed beans, onion powder, salt, pepper, and ham to the crock pot. Add water. Cover and cook on low about 8 hours, until beans are tender. Remove ham bone, shanks or hocks and pull off the meat. Add meat to the crock pot and mix. Serve with cornbread.

Look how delicious it looks!

"Plain Chicken" has a ton of other GREAT looking recipes so make sure you visit her page for more ideas.
Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment