Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Power of a Sticky Note


How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of the sand when I awake, I am still with you.
(Psalm 139: 17-18 NIV)


:)

Growing up as a child on the nights my Dad had to work late and wasn't there to say "Goodnight". I would wake in the morning and find a sticky note on my bathroom mirror from him. Sometimes just a big smiley face with music notes around it, because music fills our hearts. Many times there would be a little message just reminding me how much he loved me. 

A simple gesture I now look back on and think of as...such a gift... I still have many of those notes that he left me and now as a parent, especially to a daughter I realize more of what those notes meant. 

As a girl it gave me respect for myself, taught me how a girl (and then women) should be treated and I think mostly it gave me the confidence to believe in myself because I was valued and worth it.  

I am very blessed to have an Earthly Father who showed me that. I understand that's not every one's story. If your story was very different growing up. Please know that your Heavenly Father, our Heavenly Father cherishes you! He created you, very delicately and precisely!

Don't take my word for it...He left you your own sticky notes for you to find. In a strangers face, in your children's eyes, a scripture on a friend's wall. Those aren't coincidences, those are God's sticky notes strategically placed for YOU, for us.

But the greatest sticky note...is actually a book filled full with them...


But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, ...   ( Ephesians 2:4-9)







For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.  (Psalm 139: 13-16)



So here's your Homework 
(so to speak since our kids are in school mode). 
  1. Leave a sticky note for you husband telling him how thankful you are for him and what a wonderful example he is setting for the kids of what it means to be a hard worker.
  2. Leave a note for your kids on their alarm clock or in their bathroom. If they are too small to read, leave them a silly smiley face with hearts. Trust me their little faces lite up.
  3. Send a note to a friend, just because.
  4. Send a note to your parents or a relative thanking them for being there for you as child.
Now I leave you with one thing left. Now this isn't a Christian song but I love the music and message. 

YOU ARE LOVELY... Just the way you are!!!! 
Because YOU are Beautiful!
Believe it!



No comments:

Post a Comment