Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Planning #2: Create a Christmas Binder




Create a Christmas Binder! 
TRUST ME! This will help for years to come!!!

I started doing this a couple years ago and seriously it has helped keep me organized for Christmas. You can keep it as simple or as intricate as you would like.

This is what my Christmas Binder looks like. The day I happened to make this binder (years ago) I was  in a "Crafty spirit" and luckily had all of this on hand already. But don't make it a big deal, just use what you have! The point is just getting one started.


In my Christmas Binder:

1.) The front pocket insert is where I keep my address list. Along with all the new addresses I get sent with Christmas cards. I just tuck them right in the front.
Here's a Free printout from "Scattered Squirrel". CLICK HERE


2.) Print out a blank December Calendar (just from my computer) . Then I go in and write down all of our Christmas Activities like...
  • Christmas Movies that will be coming on tv
  • When I need to mail out Christmas Cards
  • What night we plan to go to CALM 
  • The Polar Express Night (where we surprise the kids and take them to look at Christmas lights)- I will talk more about this later.
  • Christmas Parade
  • Christmas Parties
  • Then I go in and add all the other "life" activities.
Other Dates you might want to add on:
  • Package ship Dates
  • Travel Dates

Here's an old Calendar that was in my binder:

3.) Baking Planner Here's a great Free Printout from "Life Your Way". CLICK HERE
They also have the Christmas Gift List Free printout. Great way to remember what and who you have already bought for. Also a Calendar  and Christmas Tags.

4.) Gift List to Make - This is a great way to keep track of what you need to buy for the gifts you will be making. Over at "Ellinee" She has a cute free printable. CLICK HERE

5.) The last part of my binder is for GIFT RECEIPTS This has become VERY helpful. In the very back of my binder is where I keep all the receipts for the gifts I purchase. That way if anything needs to be returned I know exactly where the receipt is!

I hope this info. is helpful! 
I surely don't have it all together. But little steps like this help out a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment