Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Freezing Herbs & Saving Thyme (I crack myself up)

Anything that will save me time, and also help me from dirtying my kitchen more than necessary I love! This isn't some new fancy method, I'm sure you've seen it all over the Pinterest boards. But it's something simple, easy and useful for my family so I thought you might enjoy as well.

We have a little container garden in our backyard that includes: Rosemary, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Peppermint, Orange Mint, Parsley and Cilantro. I just absolutely LOVE having fresh herbs when I cook, and I think that is why I love this simple method so much.

So here you go- this is what I do to save me some time!




Once frozen, put them in a ziplock baggies and you are set!


When you are ready to sauté up some veges or cook some chicken you can cut a few steps out of the prep work!


Freeze your Mint too! HOWEVER instead of adding Olive Oil, you add the WATER! =) 





Perfect addition to your ice water or tea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment