Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Let's Paint!


 I LOOOOOOVE finding old things and making them NEW!
A friend told me about this new paint called - "Annie Sloan Chalk Paint".

No Sanding or prep work before hand! I was SOLD! Then I asked where do you get it????
Online... Well for starters I didn't want to wait...patience definitely not on my side...because obviously I was filled with ENTHUSIASM for all my projects I would be creating.

So what does any Mom do that is filled with excitement, inspiration, motivation and creativity??? I looked online and did some research and I found the Mother load! This painting tip has literally CHANGED how I paint! And the best part is I use LESS paint which keeps my costs super low!

Ok enough excitement! 

DIY Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!!!!!!

I found this amazing post over at "Diamond In The Stuff"!!!! LIFESAVER for me!!!

She has the complete directions over at her blog that YOU HAVE to check out!
I'm telling you this will CHANGE the way you paint!

It's EASY and IN-EXPENSIVE!

These are the 2 main items you will need. Have you ever seen the little display of "Sample Paint" on the counter in the paint section? They are small little containers that are less than $3.00! Most of my projects I buy 2 containers, but if you have a small project one is plenty! I know I know...you are thinking that tiny jar? Really? YES!!! It's AWESOME!

This specific grout is around $5.00 and will last you a L-O-N-G time!


I purchased these items up above that "Diamond In The Stuff" shows us at Home Depot. Along with a new paint brush and an easy little paint container.

My First project was this Sofa table that I purchased at a Yard Sale for $10.00! $10.00!!!! That's like a small pizza! Ok see, I get SO excited over great finds!

Here is the before...NO SANDING NO PREP! I did just run a cloth over it to get any spiderwebs but that's it!!


Then....after painting I used a little sanding block and added a distressed look!



It is now the PERFECT desk for my little Kindergartener! I just love it!!! I had a piece of glass cut for the top (where they smooth the edges for safety) after this picture was taken. The glass was a perfect addition so crayons and other markings wouldn't damage the top. I LOVE IT!!!!





My Second Project:
Was to make my Daughter a "Dress Up Station" with an old Dresser. This was the real test...I was given this particle board dresser that my mom had. I went to Home Depot and picked out the shade of pink I wanted. Came home, Removed all the drawers and got to work:



I absolutely LOVED how it turned out!!!


I purchased a tension curtain rod form Wal-mart... $2.86


 Also grabbed those little hanging plastic hooks that you just adhere on.


It's the perfect little dress up station to hold all of her play jewelry, clothes and purses.


My Third Project: 
Bathroom Cabinets!!!!



Coming together quite nicely...




Ahhh....DONE!!!!



I've been looking for the perfect handles and haven't quite found what I have planned in my head...
As soon as I find them though it will completely transform my newly painted cabinets!

The next task is my kitchen cabinets.....


for this AWESOME tutorial from "Diamond In The Stuff"!!!

I hope this inspires you! I would LOVE to see any projects that you do! Also I'm hoping one of my good friends, Meggan will be a guest blogger soon. She is the Queen of decorating and transforming sale items into beauties!

Post pictures on my facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/DancingInTheKitchenFamily

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't know what happened.....but I said, thank you for your great post. And here's another site that will give you even more awesome projects!
    http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/03/distress-paint-with-vaseline.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Petuniasmom! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And thank you for the link! I will be checking it out. Sorry it tok so long to respond. For some reason the comment didn't pop up.

    ReplyDelete